Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My last night in America!

When I go to bed tonight, it will be the last time I will sleep in the United States for a long long time! I know I said I was leaving today, but of course things don't go as planned... I had a FANTASTIC trip to Penn State to visit Katie for my birthday. I'm SO glad I got to spend it with her instead of already being in Korea. On Sunday, after a long night of drinking and an early morning of flying, the goodbye tour continued... I got to see the O'Connor family and Patrick one last time before I leave. Then Sunday night I had a little tuberculosis scare, but luckily I do not have it and I am fine. On Monday morning I had to drive to Boston to the Korean Consulate for an interview to get my Visa. I felt like I was in Korea as soon as I walked through the door! Everyone was speaking Korean, they were showing Korean television, and all of the signs were written in Korean! While I was waiting for my interview I met someone who is doing the same thing as me, and we exchanged email addresses so maybe when we are in Korea we can meet up and speak English! The interview went fine, they asked a few pointless questions, (Do you like kids? How did you decide to go to Korea? Do you speak any Korean? Have you had any problems traveling before? Are you an alcoholic?) and then they sent me off and told me to come back in two days. Today I'm going back to Boston to pick it up! I found out from my recruiter that I will be living in a building called Tesville Officetel (although one of the teachers called the building Tes belle Officetel, so I'm not really sure of the name of it.) and I will be living on the 10th floor. My plane ticket has been purchased by my school, and I will be flying out on Friday morning at 6AM from Hartford, CT. I will fly from Hartford to Chicago, then to San Fransisco, and then to Seoul. I will leave my house at 1AM to get to the airport by 3AM, and I won't land in Seoul until 5:40PM on Saturday(which is 6:40AM Saturday for everyone back home). I will be packing like a maniac for the next day, and making sure I have everything I will need.

The next blog I write will be from Korea!!!